Due to some physical limitations, Joyce is currently only doing lectures within driving distance.
Joyce is unable to do workshops currently but you can see her on episode 912 on The Quilt Show. She is hoping to be featured on an upcoming PBS television series and she will keep you informed!
Tips and Tricks for Quilters
In this Power Point Presentation and Trunk Show, Joyce shares insightful tips and tricks for all quilters regardless of their genre of quilting. After the Power Point Presentation, Joyce does a trunk show of her quilts, followed by questions and answers.
Leaping Past Fear and Discovering Your Own Niche
Through her own journey to self-discovery and creativity, Joyce provides insightful and inspirational methods to help quilters eliminate fear and build self-esteem. Her goal is to help quilters discover their own capacity for creativity. Joyce encourages quilters to listen to their dreams and follow their hearts. Includes lecture/Power Point presentation/ trunk show of quilts/questions and answers.
Where do the ideas come from and once you have an idea, what next? Joyce shares inspirations, ideas and processes for creating landscape quilts. Slide show demonstrates in-progress quilts and evolution of processes. Includes Power Point presentation/trunk show of quilts/questions and answers.
* Joyce will extract elements from any of the subjects offered and structure a talk especially suited for your organization.
*Note – I use a digital projector and a laptop computer for my Power Point presentations. If there is a digital projector available at your venue, please let me know – otherwise, I’ll bring mine. Here are the items I will need for my lecture:
- A room that you can darken – my projected images will not show up unless you can darken the room!!!
- A long extension cord that is long enough to reach a table and includes several slots for plugging in my laptop/and the digital projector
- A projector/laptop stand or small table that can be positioned far enough away to see images
- A large screen or blank white wall.
- A microphone if the room is large
- A table where Joyce can sell and sign books
- A person to assist Joyce selling books or staying with my quilts
- A table for quilts near the front of the room
- Volunteers to hold quilts
Lodging provided by Guild if necessary
Meals provided by guild or $25.00 per diem if not provided
Joyce R. Becker
14118 SE 281st St.
Kent, WA 98042
(253)859-0633 cell (253) 221-8953